- Initial coordinator actions
- Processing the claim
- STARS Web resources
- OSHA recordable decisions
- Cause code assistance
- Training resources for coordinators
- Campus WC Coordinators
- UWSA WC staff
Fatalities and multiple hospitalizations
Time-sensitive reporting requirements
Your campus has an obligation to notify State occupational health and safety regulators about the death of any UW System employee from a work-related incident within eight (8) hours of its occurrence.
- During normal business hours, contact the Department of Safety and Professional Services at 608-266-2112.
- During non-business hours, contact Wisconsin Emergency Management at 800-943-0003.
Worker's compensation coordinators should verify in advance who is responsible for their campus notification in these situations.
All employee deaths must be reported to a Claims Examiner at UW System Administration within 12 hours since the Claims Examiner has 24 hours to report to DWD and DOA.
Process claim information (including WKC-12) and submit to the Claims Examiner. Assist in investigation by obtaining facts of injury and resulting death. Provide next of kin/contact person, list of dependents, police report and death certificate when available.
Work-related fatalities are OSHA recordable. On the OSHA tab, select OSHA Recordable, the appropriate injury/illness category, and severity 5 for Death.
Page last saved: 09/06/2013