UW System Beta Sites
- The UW System selected three institutions as beta or pilot sites for participation in the Compass project: UW-Eau Claire, UW-Oshkosh, and UW-Milwaukee.
- These campuses were chosen based on current engagement with, and progress on Compass Project outcomes, including their demonstrated commitment to general education reform and to uncovering and addressing the inequities that stand in the way of underserved student success through their participation in the Equity Scorecard Project.
- Each beta site is engaged in curricular redesign focused on student learning outcomes; renewed attention to underserved student success; and inculcating high impact practices as a part of every student’s undergraduate experience.
- Grant resources go directly to the partner institutions, as well as to developing and supporting campus attendance at the UW System-sponsored Compass Institute to be held in Fall 2010.
- The three beta campuses are pursuing different pathways towards their Compass goals, with activities organized and delivered in ways consistent with their institutional missions, governance structures, campus culture, and the educational needs of their student populations.