Next Election is
Feb. 19, 2013

Polling hours 7am-8pm

If you would like more information about the next scheduled election in your area, please visit  Here you can view your next election through your voter information screen or by searching for your address. 

Important deadlines for registration & voting

Voter ID

Photo identification is not currently required to vote in Wisconsin more >>

For more information, see the G.A.B.'s website

Voter ID Compliant Student ID Cards

There are two important recent changes to Wisconsin Voting law that are still in effect

  1. 28 Day Residency Rule
  2. Proof of Residence

Please note that this page describes obtaining a voter ID compliant student ID card that is not currently necessary to vote. However, a student who wishes to obtain such a card in the event that voter identification requirements are reinstated may do so as described below.

If another acceptable proof of identification is unavailable or inconvenient to obtain, you may use a voter ID compliant student ID card together with an Enrollment Verification issued by your UW institution as proof of identification.

Please note that to use a voter ID compliant student ID card and Enrollment Verification as proof of identification to vote during an election you must be enrolled in a course during that term. This means that if you are not enrolled for a term, such as the summer, or you take a break from your studies during the fall or spring semester, you may not use those documents to vote during that time. You may use your Enrollment Verification as proof of residence to register to vote before any election as long as that document contains your current name and address.

See below for information about how to get a voter ID compliant student ID card at each campus in the UW System.

UW-Green Bay

Student Voter ID cards will be available on request at the University Union Information Desk. University ID Services is open from 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. M-F, and 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.


UW-Superior student/voter ID cards may be obtained at the Yellowjacket Union Desk any time the building is open. To obtain a new student/voter ID, the student must provide proof of current enrollment along with a picture ID, such as a driver’s license, State ID or passport. To obtain a replacement student/voter ID, the student must provide proof of current enrollment and turn in an old UW-Superior student ID card.

UW-Eau Claire

UW-Eau Claire student Voter ID cards will be available at the Blugold Card Office, Davies Center 156. For more information visit:


Compliant Student Voter IDs can be obtained at the Campus Card Office during regular business hours prior to the election, 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday. 

Campus Card Office
110 Merle Price Commons
1110 S. Broadway
Menomonie, WI 54751

UW Colleges

UW Colleges students who wish to receive an voter id should bring their campus ID card or other photo ID card to the Student Services Office at their campus.  The Student Services office will create a voter ID for the student. See below for contact information for the Student Services office at each campus of UW Colleges.

UW-Baraboo/Sauk County

Student Services
1006 Connie Rd.
Baraboo, WI 53913-1015

UW-Barron County

Student Services
1800 College Dr.
Rice Lake, WI 54868-2497

UW-Fond du Lac

Student Services
400 University Dr.
Fond du Lac, WI 54935-2950

UW-Fox Valley

Student Services
1478 Midway Rd.
Menasha, WI 54952-1224


Student Services
705 Viebahn St.
Manitowoc, WI 54220-6601

UW-Marathon County

Student Services
518 S. 7th Ave.
Wausau, WI 54401-5396
toll free: 888-FOR-UWMC


Student Services
750 W. Bay Shore St.
Marinette, WI 54143-4253

UW-Marshfield/Wood County

Student Services
2000 W. 5th St.
Marshfield, WI 54449-3310


Student Services
1200 Highway 14 West
Richland Center, WI 53581-1399

UW-Rock County

Student Services
2909 Kellogg Ave.
Janesville, WI 53546-5699
608-758-6565 ext. 200


Student Services
One University Dr.
Sheboygan, WI 53081-4760

UW-Washington County

Student Services
400 University Dr.
West Bend, WI 53095-3699


Student Services
1500 N. University Dr.
Waukesha, WI 53188-2799

UW Colleges Online

Student Services
34 Schroeder Court, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53711
toll free: 877-449-1877

UW-Stevens Point

University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point students will be able to receive a voter ID compliant student ID card in the PointCard Office, located in the Dreyfus University Center, beginning second semester, January 23, 2012.

UW-River Falls

UW- River Falls students can obtain a voter ID card from the Carding Office, 131 Hagestad Hall. For more information visit:


Students can obtain a voter ID card from the Pioneer Passport office located in the Markee Pioneer Student Center. The voter ID card is available now and may be obtained during normal business hours (7:45 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. on weekdays). If a voter ID card is lost, there will be a minimal charge for a replacement card.


UW-Parkside students, who wish to receive a voter ID compliant student ID card, should go to the Office of Admissions and New Student Services, where an ID card will be provided to them upon request.


UW-Oshkosh student voter ID cards will be issued at Titan Central in Reeve Memorial Union. For more information see their Website:


Students will be able to get voter ID cards from the Department of Enrollment Services Information Center (Mellencamp Hall, Rm. 274) beginning January 17, 2012. Cards will be provided free of charge.


UW-Madison students can visit the following website for information on obtaining a student voter ID card:

UW-La Crosse

Student Voter ID cards are available in the Student ID Card Office, 223 Cartwright


UW-Whitewater students will be able to request a WI Voter ID card at the HawkCard Office beginning January 3, 2012. The HawkCard Office is located on the second floor of the University Center. HawkCard Office staff will request to see a government issued photo ID document/card (ex. State Driver’s License or State ID card or US Passport):

If a Wisconsin DL, Wisconsin ID card, or US Passport is presented and is current/valid with a Wisconsin address, NO “UW-W Voter ID Card” needs to be printed.

If the presented Wisconsin DL, Wisconsin ID card, or US Passport is current with a Wisconsin address, BUT NO local Whitewater address, HawkCard Office staff will provide the student with a form necessary to present when registering to vote in Whitewater. No “UW-W Voter ID Card” needs to be created since the student has a valid Wisconsin photo ID document.

If the student is NOT from Wisconsin, HawkCard Office staff will request to see the student’s current, valid state driver’s license, state photo ID or other approved photo ID. Staff will check to see if the photo ID presented matches the student. If the Out of State Photo ID or US passport is current/valid, and the photo matches the student, HawkCard Office staff will proceed to IDWorks Workstation to create the WI Voter ID Card.