Next Election is
Feb. 19, 2013
Polling hours 7am-8pm
If you would like more information about the next scheduled election in your area, please visit http://myvote.wi.gov. Here you can view your next election through your voter information screen or by searching for your address.
Important deadlines for registration & voting
Proof of Residence
There are two important recent changes to Wisconsin Voting law that are still in effect
If any of the following statements describe you, you need to provide proof of residence when registering to vote in Wisconsin:
- I have never registered to vote before in Wisconsin, and I am registering by mail.
- I am registering to vote in the clerk’s office, less than 20 days before the election.
- I am registering to vote at the polls on Election Day.
The only proof of residence UW System institutions are providing for all of their students is the Enrollment Verification, which contains your current and complete name and address. According to the G.A.B., electronic documents are acceptable as proof of residence.
The documents listed below are also acceptable as proof of residence, if they contain your CURRENT and complete legal name and address. This means that if your Wisconsin Driver License contains a different address from where you plan to vote, you cannot use that document as proof of residence. The documents acceptable as proof of residence are listed in order of likely availability to UW students who wish to vote at their local campus address:
- A check or other document, such as an Enrollment Verification, issued by a unit of government, such as a UW Institution.
- A bank statement. (Cannot be a credit card statement, even if issued by your bank)
- A paycheck.
- A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
- A current residential lease (not valid if registering by mail).
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver license or identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.