Senior Vice President for Administration
Commission on University Security
UW System President Kevin P. Reilly appointed the President’s 2007 Commission on University Security following the tragic shootings that took place in April on the Virginia Tech campus.
The 18-member commission, chaired by Sue Riseling, chief of police at UW-Madison, conducted an analysis of campus security within the UW System and issued its final report in July. Other commission members represented a variety of UW safety, administrative and student services units.
The commission studied efforts to prevent and respond to threats or violence on campus to reassure members of the university community about their safety, and better prepare campuses to carry out security plans.
University Security Resources:
of Wisconsin System Report on Campus Safety (PDF), June
- UW System Report on Campus Safety highlights campus preparedness, Board of Regents, June 2008 meeting
Report (PDF), President's Commission on University
- Sue Riseling's Presentation (PDF) Board of Regents, July 2007 meeting
- President's 2007 Commission on University Security - Membership List (PDF)
- Sub-committees Final Report (PDF), President's Commission on University Security
- Campus Security Coordinators - Membership List (PDF)
- UW System Security Report -- Expected to be presented to the Board of Regents in February 2008.
- Governor's Task Force on Campus Security Final Report (PDF)