Office of Procurement
Information for Vendors
Information for Vendors
Please note that UW-System does not keep a vendor list or an "approved vendor list" that you can be added to.
We recommend that you follow these steps to become aware of procurement opportunities available in your commodity areas.
As a state agency, the university is bound by state rules pertaining to procurement. The Department of Administration (DOA) requires state agencies to buy certain goods and services from state work centers, mandatory contracts, or prison industries (BSI). The following reference information may help you direct your sales efforts in a more focused manner.
- Make sure you are aware of all mandatory statewide contracts in your market sector. A list of all statewide contracts is available on the State of Wisconsin Procurement Contracts site.
- Register with the state Vendornet program so you can receive automatic notice of any new procurement efforts.
- The Vendornet registration website is: http://vendornet.state.wi.us/vendornet/
- When registering you must know the various NIGP commodity codes that are applicable to the items your company can provide.
- When a bid is posted for that commodity code you'll get an automatic e-mail alert that the bid has been posted and you can then bid on the item/contract.
- Be aware that the state has a Public Notice website for official notices. Printed newspaper notice is now optional.
- The on-line directory for all state agencies is available.
- If you qualify, consider becoming a Wisconsin certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE). There is a goal that all state agencies spend 5% of their purchases with certified MBE firms.
- The certification process and program administration is performed by the Dept of Administration (DOA).
- If you have registered as an MBE, verify that your listing(s) are in the proper categories for buyers to logically find you.
- If your business focuses on construction or remodeling we recommend that you also monitor the WisBuild website for bid postings related to large construction projects in the state. Depending on the project type and the overall cost, many university building projects are managed entirely by the Dept of State Facilities (DSF). Please be aware that bid solicitations for these projects will not be visible on Vendornet, but rather are only posted on WisBuild.
- State of Wisconsin Public Notices
- University of Wisconsin System Directory
- University of Wisconsin Small Business Development Center
- Directory of State Work Centers, and the commodities they provide (click on the center’s name for a list of the commodities they provide)
- Dept. of Administration (DOA)
- State of Wisconsin Ineligible Vendor Listings