Office of the President

Brittingham House History

Former Madison Homes of Thomas and Mary Brittingham

Click on each photo to view a larger image.

153 W. Gorham Street
Photo of house at 211 Langdon Street

153 W. Gorham St.
The Brittinghams lived here
briefly in the late 1800s.

211 Langdon Street, 1898.
The Brittinghams lived here
from 1896-1901.

 

Photo of house at 640 N. Henry Street

640 N. Henry Street, 1902.
The Brittinghams lived here
from 1901-1915.
The house was torn down in 1959,
but the stone boathouse
remains on the shore
of Lake Mendota.

 

<< Return to Introduction.