Office of the President
Located in the Highlands area of Madison's west side, Brittingham House is the official residence of the University of Wisconsin System president. It is used frequently for receptions, business meetings, and other public events.
Thomas E. and Mary Brittingham built the elegant Georgian-style house in 1916 as their final residence. In 1955, their children donated the house and its 15-acre grounds to the University of Wisconsin. It became the official residence of the UW System president in 1977.
- The Brittinghams
- The House
- The UW System Quilt