Safety & Loss Prevention
Medex Traveler's Assistance Network
Medex operates a twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) days a week, toll-free, emergency telephone assistance service. To access the emergency assistance services while traveling, please call one of the following emergency telephone numbers:
1-800-527-0218 (From within the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands);
From anywhere else in the World:
1-410-453-6330 (US); or 44-1-273-223000 (UK) Call collect if necessary.
- Special assistance in replacing lost or stolen travel documents, including passports.
- Emergency funds transfer.
- Special assistance in locating the nearest, most appropriate medical care.
- Verification of insurance coverages facilitating entry and admissions into hospitals and other medical care providers.
- Assistance in establishing contact with family, personal physician and employer as appropriate.
- Special assistance in the coordination of direct claim payment.
- Management, arrangement and coordination of emergency medical transportation and evacuation as necessary.
- Translation services and referrals to local interpreters as necessary.
- Location of knowledgeable legal referral assistance.
- Courtesy assistance in securing incidental aid.
- Coordination securing bail bonds and other legal instruments.
Call MEDEX if you are away from home and:
- You are involved in an accident requiring medical treatment
- You have difficulty locating medical care
- You have a medical problem and require translation services
- You have any other serious travel difficulties.
In an emergency, go immediately to the nearest physician or hospital. Contact the nearest MEDEX Assistance Center. Be prepared to give your name, ID number and a brief description of your problem.