Safety & Loss Prevention
Part 5 Special Events Insurance
Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP)
- Policy Details
- Procedure for Coverage
- Hazards and Rates
- Accident Reporting
- Special Event Questionnaire
Insurer: Great Divide Insurance Company by Gales Creek
Coverage: Spectator/Attendee Liability
This insurance is designed to cover lessees and vendors (tenants) who use University space but would not be covered under the UW’s liability program because they fall outside of the scope of the University.
Policy Dates: July 1, 2012-July 1, 2013
Total Premium: $5,000 retained deposit
Per Event Limits: $1,000,000 per occurrence; $2,000,000 aggregate; Medical Payments excluded
Gales Creek contact information: Telephone: 800/755-1575 ext. 234; Fax 503/227-0927
- Gather information from the potential tenant using the Special Event Questionnaire.
- Fax the completed questionnaire to Gales Creek for coverage. Premium rates for Hazards Class I and II are listed below; contact Gales Creek directly for Hazard Class III events or if the daily attendance will exceed 5000.
- Collect the premium from the tenant and send to System Risk Management along with a copy of the questionnaire (checks should be made out to: UW System Administration).
- Gales Creek will send a certificate of coverage to the campus, the insured, and UW System Administration.
- Send a quarterly report of events to System Risk Management by the 10th of the month following end of quarter.
Exposure and rate is based on type of event (see Hazard Schedules) and total event attendance. Per day rates as shown below:
Rates Including Terrorism
|Admissions||Class I||Class II||Class III|
|501 – 1500||$225||$327||Gales|
|1501 – 3000||$294||$545||Creek|
|3001 – 5000||$442||$691||for Quote|
|5001+||submit to company for quote|
As soon as the Risk Manager becomes aware of an incident they should contact Sara Mullikan at Gales Creek (503-977-5656) with the details. Slip and fall accidents are not covered by the TULIP and should be handled from the campus risk management office.
Back to RM Manual Table of Contents