- Employee safety awards: UW-Stout
- Improved air in SE Wisconsin
- UW-Superior recovery update
- ACS publishes report on safety culture in academia
- UW-Madison Union fire
- Two Eau Claire students perish in fire
- Clean Harbors Buys Safety-Kleen
- Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest
- UW-Platteville meth fire
- Upright workstations
- Lead (Pb) limits called inadequate
- Free fire safety training available
- Parkside apartment fire
- HazCom labeling poster
- Madison Med Sci fire
- Lifting loads and pregnant employees
- AIHA publishes stand on mold in buildings
- Bilingual ladder safety guidance
- Employee dies on job
- NIOSH recommends CNT/ CNF limits
Parkside apartment fire
A fire in a bathroom vent fan reported by a resident at 10:34 a.m. on January 8th forced the evacuation of the University Apartments at UW-Parkside. Campus police officers and the risk manager provided initial response and alerted building residents, including two other sleeping occupants of the suite. Firefighters from the city of Kenosha extinguished the fire.
UW-Parkside Officer Chris Moeller said no students were hurt and no one required medical attention.
The fire damaged one apartment bathroom. Students returned to their residences later in the day, and the occupants of the damaged apartment were relocated.
The university is conducting a full review to determine the cause of the fire.