Office of Policy Analysis & Research
STUDENT STATISTICS REPORTS
These reports are designed to answer general questions about UW System student headcount, full-time equivalent enrollment (FTE), and degrees conferred. They are available in the following formats: PDF, HTML, and Excel.
The Student Statistics reports include all students enrolled in academic courses provided by the UW System.
If you plan on viewing the PDF versions of the Student Statistics Reports, you will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Ten-Year Headcount Reports
- These reports show the current year headcount data along with the nine previous years for four populations: all students, undergraduate students, new freshman students, and graduate/professional students. There are four variables shown for each population: resident status, full-time/part-time status, race/ethnicity, and gender. Selected reports also show enrollments for U.S. military veterans at UW institutions.
- Single-Year Headcount Reports
- These reports show only the current year data. In addition to the variables used in the ten-year reports, single-year reports often contain more than one variable such as new freshmen by race/ethnicity AND age.
- Ten-Year FTE Reports
- These reports show the current year FTE (full-time equivalent) data along with the nine previous years for three populations: all students, undergraduate students, and graduate/professional students.
- Degrees Conferred Reports
- These reports show data on the number and type of degrees conferred to UW students. Ten-year reports show the current year along with nine previous years by degree-level, gender and race/ethnicity. Single-year degree reports show associate, bachelors, and graduate/professional degrees conferred by gender. Bachelors and graduate/professional degrees are also reported by discipline ('CIP') area.
Another option is to search for specific reports by topic area.