Step 5: Clean up the edits in error
Once you have run the backsheets you will want to correct the edits in error. You can view errors for one edit at a time or you can view the entire error report.
A new feature in CEUS allows you to generate a list of records in error and print or save them in any format for easy reference.
1. Go back to the 'Main Menu' and click on the 'Input File Status' button to open up the 'Input File Status' window
2. Select the appropriate file (the file you want to generate a report for), then click on the 'Reports' button
3. Click on the 'Edit Reports' button for a list of edits
4. Select the edit that you wish to generate a report for, then click on the 'Show Report' button
5. Once the report has been generated, you can either print the report by clicking the 'Print' button or save the report by pulling down the 'SaveReport' menu and selecting 'SaveAs' to save the report in a format of your choice
Whether or not you choose to use the edit reports, viewing one error at a time allows for quick and easy error correction.
1. Go back to the 'Main Menu' and click on the 'CDR/CDB Processing' button to open up the 'CDR/CDB Processing' window
2. Click on the 'Edit/Update' button to open up the 'Edit/Update' window
3. Click on the 'View Error Report' button to view the edits in error
4. Click on the appropriate file (the file you want to clean up) and click on 'OK'
5. You will now be have the option of choosing to see all errors or a specific error. By choosing 'Yes', you can view a single error of your choosing. A dialog box with a list of edits will appear. Select the edit you wish to view and click on 'Process'. If you choose 'No', you will see all of the entries in error.
6. Once you choose the edit, you can start correcting the errors. There are three steps you should follow when making corrections: correct the error, update the database and edit the record to verify that the error has been fixed. You will need to repeat these steps for each record you correct.
Note: To find specific details about each edit, consult the CDR manual Vol. 1 Section II , Section II.B for curricular edits and Section II.C for student edits.
7. Once you are done cleaning up all of the edits in error, rerun the error report (step 3) and regenerate the backsheet (step 4).
If errors remain, continue correcting. If no errors remain, you can verify frequency reports