- Change from Classified to Unclassified
- Change from Unclassified to Classified
- Change in Appointment Percentage
- Moving to WRS Covered Employment
- WRS LTE to WRS Non-LTE
- Leave of Absence
- Transfer to a Different UW Institution
- Transfer to a State Agency
- Rehired after Retirement (Rehired Annuitant)
If you are ending employment due to permanent layoff, you must take action to continue or convert your benefits.
There are 2 summary documents that outline what happens to your benefits and leave at termination of employment due to layoff. Please click on the situation that applies to you to learn more.
- Under 55 years old or at least 55 years old but not vested* in the Wisconsin Retirement System
- At least 55 years old and vested* in the Wisconsin Retirement System
*Employees first covered by the WRS on or after July 1, 2011, must have five years of WRS creditable service to be vested. Employees covered by the WRS prior to July 1, 2011, are immediately vested.
Note: If you are covered by the Protective WRS category (e.g. law enforcement and fire fighters), you should click on the first link if under 50 years old/not vested and click on the second link if at least 50 years old and vested.Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. This page does not guarantee enrollment or the ability to make changes to your benefits.