- Change from Classified to Unclassified
- Change from Unclassified to Classified
- Change in Appointment Percentage
- Moving to WRS Covered Employment
- WRS LTE to WRS Non-LTE
- Leave of Absence
- Transfer to a Different UW Institution
- Transfer to a State Agency
- Rehired after Retirement (Rehired Annuitant)
Moving to WRS Covered Employment
Once you become eligible for the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), you are required to be covered by the WRS.
See Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) for information on WRS eligibility and benefits.
See the new employee information for benefit enrollment opportunities you have under the Wisconsin Retirement system. In most cases you have 30 days from your WRS begin date to enroll in benefits.
Move from Graduate Assistant Benefit Program to WRS:
If you were under the Graduate Assistant Benefit program and are now eligible for the WRS, you:
- Have a new chance to enroll in all benefit plans except the Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) program (unless you were not previously eligible).
- Must submit a new health insurance application to retain health coverage.
- Should submit applications within 30 days of becoming WRS-eligible.
You should contact your benefits office for additional information.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. This page does not guarantee enrollment or the ability to make changes to your benefits.