News & Events - University of Wisconsin System
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMay 8, 2002
Contact: Erik Christianson
UW System Board of Regents to meet in Menasha, Fond du Lac
MADISON -The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents will hold
its May 2002 meeting on the UW Colleges campuses in Menasha and Fond du
Lac this Thursday and Friday (May 9-10).
The board will meet Thursday starting at 10:30 a.m. at UW-Fox Valley, 1478 Midway Rd. in Menasha. The board's Friday meeting will start at 9 a.m. at UW-Fond du Lac, 400 University Dr.
Due to the location of the meeting, several presentations relate to the UW Colleges, the 13 freshman-sophomore campuses of the UW System, including:
- "Student Engagement: The Wisconsin Idea in Practice," scheduled
for the board's Education Committee meeting at 1:45 p.m. Thursday;
- "Finances & Facilities of the UW Colleges: The Wisconsin
Idea in Practice," scheduled during a joint meeting of the Business
and Finance and Physical Planning and Funding committees at 1:45 p.m.
- "UW Colleges: Then & Now-UW-Fox Valley and UW-Fond du Lac,"
scheduled for 2 p.m. Thursday in the Physical Planning and Funding Committee;
- "The UW Colleges Connections: The Wisconsin Idea in Practice," scheduled during the board's full meeting at 9 a.m. Friday, with UW Colleges Chancellor William Messner presenting.
Other presentations of interest during the board's May 2002 meeting include:
- "Quality: Credits-to-Degree, Time-to-Degree and Graduation Rates,"
10:30 a.m. Thursday. The full board will continue its ongoing discussion
on the quality of the undergraduate experience in the UW System. This
will include a review of a new report from the UW System Office of Policy
Analysis and Research outlining how the university system has substantially
improved credits-to-degree, time-to-degree and graduation rates, all
key measures of student success.
- "Study of Adult Students," 1:15 p.m. Thursday. The UW System market research unit will present its findings from its survey of undergraduate students 25 and older and graduate students 30 and older.
The full agenda for the Board of Regents meeting can be viewed online at http://www.uwsa.edu/bor/.