- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA)
- American Multicultural Student Leadership Conference (AMSLC)
- Disability Resources
- Equity Scorecard
- Grants & Awards
- Inclusivity Initiative for LGBTQ People
- Multicultural / Disadvantaged Coordinators (MDC)
- Past Strategic Plans
- President's Advisory Committee on Health, Safety, & Security (PACHSS)
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- Student Representatives
Dr. P.B. Poorman Award
2013 PB Poorman Award Recipient
Congratulations to Dejan Kuzmanovic, this years' PB Poorman Award Recipient!
Dr. P.B. Poorman played an instrumental role in the foundation of the UW System Inclusivity Initiative for LGBTQ People, as a member of the original Steering and Research Committees. Her contributions to improving the lives of LGBTQ students, faculty, and staff through research, teaching, service and advocacy all served to define and lay out the identity and activities of the systemwide Inclusivity Initiative. Dr. Poorman used her boundless energy, humor, and determination to bring about action within the group and to help the group gain recognition from the wider university community.
Among other accomplishments, Dr. Poorman carried out the research and laid the groundwork to bring in a nationally-known climate assessment expert to conduct a system-wide evaluation of the experiences of diverse people throughout the UW System. This achievement epitomizes Dr. Poorman’s rich contributions to creating a welcoming university climate for all individuals.
To honor Dr. Poorman’s legacy to the state of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin System and the LGBTQ communities, the UW System LGBTQ Inclusivity Initiative has established an annual award in her name. The award is intended to recognize a UW System faculty, academic or classified staff, or registered UWS student for her or his excellence in advocacy, research, teaching, or service on behalf of the LGBTQ communities.
To be eligible, individuals must either be currently employed 50 percent time or greater as a member of a UWS institution as faculty, instructional or non-instructional academic staff, classified staff, or a registered student at one of the UW System institutions.
Outstanding Achievement as evidenced by performance that consistently and substantially has resulted in important and significant contributions to the LGBTQ communities within the UW System. Contributions above and beyond the assigned duties of the nominee’s role are especially valued. The recipient may not have previously received the award.
The recipient will have:
- significantly furthered the mission, vision and goals of the Inclusivity Initiative for LGBTQ People; and/or
- performed at a high level resulting in one’s profession – campuswide, systemwide, statewide, nationally or internationally for research, teaching or service regarding LGBTQ issues; and/or
- published, presented, consulted, advocated, and/or used creative approaches to address LGBTQ issues within the classroom or in service to students.
A call for nominations will go out annually from the Inclusivity Initiative. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.