Federal Legislative News Highlights
Please contact the news source if you need a copy of a broken or inactive news link.
- 2014 House Calendar - 113th Congress, 2nd Session
- Letter to Senator Kohl on Sequestration from President Reilly and UW Chancellors; sent to each member of federal delegation (November 2012)
- Letter to Senator Kohl from Chancellors on Pell Grants and TRIO (March 2011)
- "UW System Higher Education Opportunity Act Resources and Contact Information," Memo from Larry Rubin, June 16, 2010.
- UW System Task Force on Recovery and Reinvestment
of investment thriving in Wisconsin," New Brunswick Business
Journal, June 30, 2009.
- Analysis of the Fiscal
Year 2010 Budget Proposal Memo
(May 26, 2009)
Congressional Delegation Contact Information
Economic Value of Academic Research and Development in Wisconsin," Wisconsin
Technology Council Report, January 2009. Includes a new section on p. 31: "Academic
R&D: A Tour of the UW System."
- March 6, 2009: National Science Foundation
Day Workshop at UW-Milwaukee; no registration fee. Register
by Feb. 27 | Read invitation [PDF]
- January 16, 2009
UW System applauds education investment in federal stimulus package | Printable statement
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009: Report submitted by David Obey
- The American Recovery
and Reinvestment Act of 2009: Annotated
- President Obama's Federal Budget Proposal 2009
- December 6, 2008
Official Opening of the Nanotechnology Center for Collaborative Research & Development, UW-Platteville -- Remarks by UW System Board of Regents President Mark J. Bradley
- November 14, 2008
WiSys Newsletter Volume 4, Issue 3 - Fall 2008
Features John Droske's work on polymers (UW-Stevens Point) and Jim Hamilton and Philip Streich's startup success (Graphene Solutions, Platteville), an invitation to the December 6 inauguration of the Nanotechnology Center for Collaborative Research & Development, and a reminder for the upcoming deadline (Friday, Nov. 14) for ARG & ARG-WiTAG pre-proposals.
- July 2, 2008
WiSys Newsletter Volume 4, Issue 2 - Summer 2008
Highlights the Innovation Scholar Award, Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Network, and Marshfield Clinic activity updates. The Wisconsin Science & Technology Symposium is coming up July 17-18 at UW-Stout, and it's not too late to register. (See feature on the front page of the newsletter.)
- June 24, 2008
UW-Extension provides flood resources
- May 28, 2008
Letter to Congressman Thomas Petri from UW System President Kevin Reilly regarding concerns about the Higher Education Act (HEA) conference bill [PDF]
- May 22, 2008
"Building the Next Generation of Biofuels," Guest Column by Tim Donohue, Business News, May 12. [PDF]
- May 2, 2008
INSIDEWSRC: A web-based publication of the Wisconsin Reseach Security Consortium (April 2008)
- April 15, 2008
WiSys Newsletter Volume 4, Issue 1 - Winter/Spring 2008
Highlights a few of the many exciting collaborations, programs and events occurring throughout UW System, including: Recent and upcoming collaborative gatherings; Innovation Scholar Awards; WiSys, System, and WEN activity updates; New product development opportunities; Nanotechnology resources for System faculty.
- Feb. 7, 2008
Memo on President Bush's Fiscal Year 2009 Federal Budget
- Feb. 6, 2008
Letter about the "College Opportunity and Affordability Act" [PDF]
UW System President Reilly's communication to Wisconsin's members of the U.S. House of Representatives regarding H.R. 4137, the College Opportunity and Affordability Act
- Jan. 29, 2008
Highlights of President Bush’s 2008 State of the Union Address
- Nov. 20, 2007 Wisconsin Security Research Consortium news release: Office of Naval Research director spelled out needs at recent “Resource Rendezvous” in Stevens Point
Technology Foundation, Inc. Newsletter - Volume 3, Issue 4: Fall 2007
- Read a synopsis of the issue
- Letter from President Reilly to Chairman David Obey, Committee on Appropriations - expresses appreciation to the committee for strengthening federal financial aid (June 14, 2007)
- WiSys Technology Foundation, Inc. Newsletter Volume 3, Issue 2 (Spring 2007)
- President Reilly asks Appropriations Committee to protect campus-based aid programs (Letter to Congressman David Obey) February 19, 2007
- WiSys Technology Foundation, Inc. Newsletter Volume 3, Issue 1 (Winter 2007) "Drs. James Cook, William Gregory and Christopher Gregory selected as WiSys UW-Milwaukee 2006 Innovation Scholars"
- WiSys Technology Foundation, Inc. Newsletter, Special Edition (December 2006) "University of Wisconsin, Marshfield Clinic join forces for research & development"
- UW-Whitewater selected to receive the Ann Lydecker Educational Diversity Award for its successful McNair Scholars program (Oct. 26, 2006)
- WiSys Technology Foundation, Inc. Newsletter, Vol.2, Issue 4 (Fall 2006) WiSys to manage UW System Applied Research Grants
- U.S. News ranks UW-EC fourth best in region (Eau Claire Leader-Telegram, Aug. 24, 2006)
- U.S. News: UW-Madison is the nation’s seventh best public university (Wisconsin Week, Aug. 18, 2006)
- UW-Madison retains top five R&D ranking (Wisconsin Week, Aug. 11, 2006)
- Upward Bound Program A letter to the U.S. Department of Education from UW System President Reilly regarding proposed restrictions to student elegibility for the Upward Bound program.
- H.R. 810, the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act A letter to U. S. Senators from UW System President Reilly and WARF Managing Director Carl E. Gulbrandsen.
- WiSys Technology Foundation, Inc. Newsletter, Vol.2, Issue 3 WiSys announces a one million dollar grant to stimulate R & D at UW System campuses.
- H.R. 609, College Access and Opportunity Act of 2005 Analysis as passed by the House on March 30, 2006.
- Congressional Update to Board of Regents - March 9, 2006
- Report to the Business, Finance and Audit Committee by Kris Andrews, Assistant Vice President for Federal Relations
- News summary of Business, Finance, and Audit Committee presentation, March 9, 2006
- Washington Wire archive - An occasional newsletter highlighting federal relations, partnerships, and priorities
Return to Government Relations