SFS Year-End Close Guidelines
This documentation provides the policies and procedures that UW business units must follow during the process of closing the present fiscal year and opening the new fiscal year.
Double asterisks (**) indicate items that all business units should perform
or comply with.
Single asterisk (*) indicates items that UWSA staff will perform or that only pertain to Legacy data (Madison).
NOTE: Each document contains information in the heading about the UWSA person to contact if there are questions about the policy/procedure.
General Year-End Close Guidelines, Deadlines, etc.
- Unit, Division, Department, Sub-Department Code Requirements for the New Year**
- Year-End Close Guidelines**
- Year-End Closing Timeline Grid**
- Extramural Fringe "Pool" Clearing Procedures**
- Year-End Fund Rules 2012-2013
- Refund of Prior Year Expenditures 2012-2013
- SFS Accounting Period Table - New Fiscal Year**
- Daily Deposits Processing Guide**
- Journal ID Mask and Source Codes for FY 2010**
- SFS Guidelines for Processing Period 998 Adjustment Journals**
- Processing Guidelines for Advance Fee Collections (future receipts collected before July 1)**
- General Ledger Year-End Close: Closing Rule Definitions**
- Fiscal Year Transition Policy/Procedures for Funds 997 and 980*
- Build New Fiscal Year Control Tables for SFS Bolt-On Applications*
- Procedure on Rolling Forward Project Grant Budgets
- Procedure on the Clearing of GPR Cash Funds and Fund 131-132-189
- Indirect Cost Allocation - Period 13
- Set-Up for New Fiscal Year
- May-June Health and Life Payroll Fringes: Guidelines for Handling Department Code Changes Across Fiscal Years**
- SFS Payroll Processing Guide - Summer Session**
- Verify all BUs have Zero Balance in the PI Default Code String at Year-End**
- Create Payroll Interface Control Tables for Next Fiscal Year*
- Cancel All Salary Encumbrances at Year-End*
- Verify All BUs have Zero Balance in the PAYCLR DeptID, Fund 998*
- Review and Justification of Accounts Payable 7100 Balances**
- Clean Up Current Year Purchase Orders** (updated 4/26/13)
- New Year Purchase Order Entry** (updated 4/11/13)
- PO Rollover** (updated 6/27/12)
- AP Integrity or Open Voucher Report**