Procedures for broadcasting email to users
At times it will be necessary to inform users that there is a problem with the system. This type of message will originate at DoIT and will be communicated back to each Campus SFS Help Desk. The Campus SFS Help Desk will then communicate the information back to the users.
If the problem is within the campus routing system, the Campus SFS Help Desk will initiate a message to the users on their campus. DoIT Help Desk will not be involved unless necessary.
When a user calls for assistance, the help desk staff should collect the following information:
- User logon information
- User name and telephone number
- Site they are calling from
- PC information (if known), such as type of PC, amount of RAM, operating system, network environment
- SFS module and panel name or report name
- Problem description and error message
- Additional information as needed for problem resolution
Nightly Batch Processing
Nightly batch processing will be handled by DoIT production services with escalation to DoIT Application Technology and tracking through the Help Desk when necessary.
The production SFS database will be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week except for periodic maintenance outages. These outages include:
- OS system maintenance one or two times per year
- SFS upgrades - approximately two per year
- SFS rollup patches - approximately two per year · SFS miscellaneous patches - as required
- Hardware maintenance - as required
Known System Problems
- Cache files need to be purged (see Appendix D of the General Introductory Manual for more information and instructions).
- Conflicts that exist when a user has both the Student System and Financial System loaded.