PART II - Preaudit StepsD. Travel Agency and Other Direct Billed Travel Invoices
In addition to the audit steps in Section A and applicable audit steps in Section B and F, audit for the following:
- Lowest logical fare appears to be charged. Travel agency can provide information, if necessary.
- Name(s) of the traveler(s) and the purpose and dates of the trip are indicated on the invoice.
- Official business destination is indicated.
- Routing is direct and additional stops or routing for personal reasons are explained and did not increase the cost of the ticket.
- Contract travel agencies, when required, were used and purchasing approval is obtained when required. [Ref. State Procurement Manual PRO-D-32]
- Invoice is approved by the employe's supervisor, department chair or dean.
- Service Fees are itemized.