PART II -- Preaudit Steps
8. Moving Expenses [Ref.FAP - Relocation and Temporary Lodging - (F19)]
- Approval of the chancellor or delegated designee is provided for moving and/or temporary lodging.
- Proper coding (2125).
- Direct costs of the move fit the definition in FAP - Relocation and Temporary Lodging - (F19).
- Social Security number and home address are provided.
- Estimates from a minimum of 3 vendors are obtained if the UW's contract carrier was not utilized.
- Bill of lading and estimates, where required, are attached and the claim does not exceed the lowest of the estimates unless properly justified.
- Maximum amount stated in FAP - Relocation and Temporary Lodging - (F19) is not exceeded.
- Stipend amount or indirect costs claimed do not exceed the approved
amount up to the maximum of $1,000.
- Temporary lodging at the new location is fully explained, justified, approved and in compliance with applicable time and dollar limits.