Tips for Using the Search Engines
Note: This service can only be used from a forms-capable browser.
- Use parentheses to specify a phrase, i.e. (career-related training), to pull up only documents which contain that phrase.
- Use the word AND between words to specify that both words must be found in the document. Example: sales and use.
- Use the word OR between words to pull up documents that contain either of the words. Example: extramural or auxiliary.
- Use an asterisk (*) at the end of a word or group of letters to pull up documents which contain at least those letters. Example: pen* to pull up documents which contain the words "pen", "pencil", or "penicillin".
- Use the browser's back arrow to return to the search engine.