UWSA - GAPP27 - Attachment B - Sample Work-for-Hire Agreement
FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE
COPYRIGHTABLE INSTRUCTION MATERIALS OWNERSHIP, USE AND CONTROL (G27) - ATTACHMENT B
Date Issued: November 24, 1997
This agreement is entered into this _____day of________________, 19__, between the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, on behalf of UW-________ (hereafter, "UW-___") and____________ (hereafter, "Contractor"). For and in consideration of the mutual promises set forth below, the parties agree:
- Contractor shall [here insert a detailed description of the work to be performed by, and the specific duties and responsibilities of, the contractor].
- Contractor acknowledges that all services [he/she] provides under this Agreement are provided as an independent contractor on a work-for-hire basis. Copyright in any work resulting from the performance of the services under this agreement shall vest and be held in the name of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System.
- UW-_______ shall pay to Contractor the total amount of $__________for [his/her] services, as follows: [here describe the timing of payments and other relevant payment terms].
- Contractor agrees that all work under this Agreement shall be completed on or before________. In the event that Contractor fails to complete the work by that date, UW-___________ may, at its option, extend this Agreement for a fixed period of time it determines to be appropriate. In the alternative, UW-_______ may obtain the services of another contractor to perform the work described in paragraph 1, in which case the Contractor shall provide UW-_______ with all work produced to the date of UW-_______s election under this paragraph.
- Contractor warrants that all materials furnished and used under this Agreement are his/her own original works or materials for which he/she has obtained ownership of the copyright. Contractor further warrants that the materials do not infringe on any copyright, common law right, or proprietary right of any third party.
- UW-______________ will acknowledge Contractors contribution to any copyrighted work resulting from the performance of services under this Agreement.
- To the extent permitted by Wisconsin law, the parties agree to save, hold harmless and defend each other and their respective agents, employes, and officers against any and all liability claims and costs of whatever kind or nature, for injury to or death of any person or persons, and for loss or damage to any property or property interest or loss of personal or financial interests occurring in connection with or in any way incidental to or arising out of the actions or any activities associated with the terms of this agreement.
Board of Regents of the
University of Wisconsin System,
on behalf of UW-____________, by
[name of contracting officer]
This information is provided as a service of The University of Wisconsin System Administration
Office of Financial Administration.
To suggest possible additions or improvements, please contact Financial Administration (608) 262-1313
Last Edited: 08/24/2001