UWSA - FPPP 36 - Travel Regulations
XXIII. EXPENSES NOT REIMBURSABLE
is a list of expenses which are not reimbursable. Note: The list
is not all inclusive.
- Expenses which are not UW-business related
- Alcoholic beverages except as provided under XIV.F.2
- Spouse or family member's travel costs (Chancellor's and President's spouse and host may be allowable)
- Telephone calls which are nonbusiness-related (for exception, see Section XIII.B.)
- Lost/stolen cash or personal property
- Personal items and services, e.g., toiletries, luggage, clothes, haircuts, shoeshines,
- Laundry, cleaning, pressing costs for trips of three days or less
- Avoidable expenses for nonbusiness-related activities, such as sightseeing tours, etc.
- Traffic citations, parking tickets and other fines
- Additional charges incurred for personal reasons involving vehicle rentals
- Locksmith charges on either fleet, rental or personal vehicle, except when fleet or rental vehicles experience mechanical problems
- Excess cost of circuitous or side trips for personal reasons
- Parking costs at the assigned workplace
- Repairs, towing service, lubrication, etc., for personal vehicles
- Meals included in the cost of airfare, registration fees, lodging, etc.
- Pay for view movies in hotel/motel room
- Personal entertainment
- Extra costs for additional person(s) in room
- Additional charges for late checkout or uncancelled guaranteed reservations (unless justified)
- Lodging cost at unlicensed facilities unless there is a substantial cost benefit to the UW
- Lodging within 50 miles of the headquarters city (unless properly justified and
- Flight insurance
- Trip Insurance is not normally reimbursable. Exceptions may occasionally be granted for foreign travel when it is cost/risk justified and approved in advance through the Institution Controller.
- Extra baggage charges for personal items, such as golf clubs, skis, etc.
- Airline, car, hotel, corporate card club membership dues
- Childcare costs
- Kennel fees
- Late payment penalties and interest on corporate card