Title: Revenue Clearing Account
103/285 REV Continuing 20.907(5) (e 13) No
Custody Accounts: An account may be established and moneys expended there from under this subsection for any of the following purposes:
- A trust account or deposit containing moneys which are owned or payable or may be determined to be owned by or payable to persons other than the state.
- Deposit of checks, share drafts or other drafts drawn upon accounts containing insufficient funds.
- Sales taxes collected by state agencies prior to the date prescribed for payment to the department of revenue.
- Insurance loss receipts.
- Income producing securities donated to the state for a specified purpose.
- Advances from child caring institutions and counties and moneys receivable from counties under s. 46.037.
- Moneys held as the result of audit settlements pending appropriate disposition.
- Rental revenues and expenses for temporary rental property held by the state.
- Advance payments of program revenue.
- Advance federal aid project payments.
- Medicare expenses chargeable to counties.
- Any contingent fund authorized by law, not directed to be deposited under a specific appropriation.
- Other purposes allowed by law.
Institutions Which Have Budget Authority for This Appropriation:
Not applicable, there is no budget for this appropriation.
Allowable Major Classes of Expense/Revenue:
All types of revenue are allowed since this is a revenue clearing account. Expenses can not be charged to this appropriation.
Special Restrictions or Policies/Procedures:
This appropriation should only be used to deposit money received by an institution before it is allocated to the appropriate account.
Year-End Instructions (lapse, carry forward, etc.):
All revenue in this appropriation must be distributed to the proper current year accounts or transferred to the new fiscal year by July 31, annually. Appropriation 990 must always have a zero balance by the end of the fiscal year.
This information is provided as a service of The University of Wisconsin System Administration
Office of Financial Administration.
To suggest possible additions or improvements, please contact Financial Administration (608) 262-1313
Last Updated: 05/07/2001