Title: Advanced Academic Student Fees
103/285 REV Continuing 20.907(5) (e 9) No
Custody Accounts: An account may be established and moneys expended there from under this subsection for any of the following purposes:
- A trust account or deposit containing moneys which are owned or payable or may be determined to be owned by or payable to persons other than the state.
- Deposit of checks, share drafts or other drafts drawn upon accounts containing insufficient funds.
- Sales taxes collected by state agencies prior to the date prescribed for payment to the department of revenue.
- Insurance loss receipts.
- Income producing securities donated to the state for a specified purpose.
- Advances from child caring institutions and counties and moneys receivable from counties under s. 46.037.
- Moneys held as the result of audit settlements pending appropriate disposition.
- Rental revenues and expenses for temporary rental property held by the state.
- Advance payments of program revenue.
- Advance federal aid project payments.
- Medicare expenses chargeable to counties.
- Any contingent fund authorized by law, not directed to be deposited under a specific appropriation.
- Other purposes allowed by law.
Institutions Which Have Budget Authority for This Appropriation:
Not applicable, there is no budget for this appropriation. This appropriation is only used for fee revenue clearing operations.
Allowable Major Classes of Expense/Revenue:
No expenses should be coded to this appropriation. All of the various academic fee revenue codes may be used in this appropriation.
Special Restrictions or Policies/Procedures:
All academic fees collected in advance ("in advance" means prior to July 1) should be deposited to this appropriation. Institutions should make certain that advances are not co-mingled with current fees in appropriation 131.
Year-End Instructions (lapse, carry forward, etc.):
Special Instructions on Salaries/Fringe Benefits:
All revenue residing in 966 as of June 30 must be cleared to the new fiscal year by July 31. The fees should be distributed to the appropriate academic fee appropriation in the new fiscal year--not to 966! Since 966 is totally cleared in the old fiscal year, there is no cash balance carry forward for this appropriation.
This information is provided as a service of The University of Wisconsin System Administration
Office of Financial Administration.
To suggest possible additions or improvements, please contact Financial Administration (608) 262-1313
Last Updated: 05/07/2001