Title: License Plate Scholarship Programs
103/285 PR Continuing 20.285 (1) (jp) Yes
All moneys received under s. 341.14 (6r) (b) 4, for the scholarship programs under s. 36.44.
Section 34.44 states:
(1) The board shall establish a scholarship program at each of the institutions specified in s. 341.14 (6r) (f) 35 to 47. The program at each institution shall be funded by the fees collected under s. 341.14 (6r) (b) 4 for that institution and the scholarships shall be awarded by the chancellor of each institution according to criteria developed by the chancellor.
(2) Not withstanding sub. (1), the board shall use the fees collected under s. 341.14 (6r) (b) 4 for the University of Wisconsin-Madison scholarship program to provide funds for the University of Wisconsin-Madison division of intercollegiate athletics. When the board determines that the division's deficit has been eliminated, the board shall use such fees as provided under sub. (1).
Institutions Which Have Budget Authority for This Appropriation:
Madison, Green Bay, Parkside, Platteville, and Stout have current budgets, however all institutions except Extension and UW Colleges are eligible to receive revenue from auto license fees.
Allowable Major Classes of Expense/Revenue:
Aid to individuals only.
Special Restrictions or Policies/Procedures:
- Position Control Policies
Not applicable since there are no salaries in this appropriation.
- Budget Control/Transfers/Overdrafts
See FAP - Budget Transfers (F5) for these limitations.
- Activity Code Limitations
Use activity 9 only. See Activity Codes and Definitions for descriptions.
Year-End Instructions (lapse, carry forward, etc.):
The year end cash balance and any open encumbrances are moved to the new fiscal year in this appropriation. Refunds of prior year expenditures are deposited to this appropriation using the code of the original expenditure.
Special Instructions on Salaries/Fringe Benefits:
Not applicable since there were no salaries paid.
Policy Paper References:
This information is provided as a service of The University of Wisconsin System Administration
Office of Financial Administration.
To suggest possible additions or improvements, please contact Financial Administration (608) 262-1313
Last Updated: 05/07/2001