Title: Grants for Study Abroad
103/285 GPR Annual 20.285 (1) (er) N/A
The amounts in the schedule for the grants for study abroad are under s. 36.36.
Section 36.36 states:
Grants for study abroad. From the appropriation under s. 20.285 (1)(er), the board shall award a grant of $2,000 to a resident undergraduate student to assist in paying the costs associated with the student's study abroad if the student satisfies all of the following criteria:
(1) The student demonstrates financial need for the grant, as determined by the board.
(2) The student is enrolled full-time in the system in the semester preceding the student's study abroad.
(3) The student is enrolled in a program leading to an associate or bachelor's degree.
Institutions Which Have Budget Authority for This Appropriation:
All institutions except Extension, System Administration and Systemwide
Allowable Major Classes of Expense/Revenue:
Aid to individuals only.
Special Restrictions or Policies/Procedures:
- Position Control Policies
Not applicable since there are no salaries in this appropriation.
- Budget Control/Transfers/Overdrafts
See FAP - Budget Transfers (F5) for these limitations.
- Activity Code Limitations
Use activity 9 only. See Activity Codes and Definitions for descriptions.
Year-End Instructions (lapse, carry forward, etc.):
Any unexpended or unencumbered current year budget dollars must be lapsed back to the state at the end of the fiscal year. There is no cash balance to carry forward. The new year budget is increased by encumbrances carried forward to the new year; budgeted and accounted for in appropriation 173. Refunds of prior year expenditures are deposited to appropriation 100 as receipts (9209).
Special Instructions on Salaries/Fringe Benefits:
Not applicable since no salaries are paid.