Title: Distinguished Professorships
103/285 GPR Annual 20.285 (1) (am) N/A
The amounts in the schedule to pay the cost of distinguished professorships under s. 36.14.
Section 36.14 states:
- The board may establish distinguished professorships under this section.
- The board may pay under this section, the salary and fringe benefit costs of the the professor holding the distinguished professorship and of any graduate assistant assigned to the professor, and the equipment, supplies and travel costs of the professor and the graduate assistants assigned to the professor.
- The board may pay the costs specified under sub. (2) only from the appropriations under s. 20.285 (1) (a), (am) and (jm). The board may pay any of the costs specified under sub. (2) from the appropriation under s. 20.285 (1) (jm). The board may pay from the appropriation under s. 20.285 (1) (am) only the salary and fringe benefit costs of the professor but may not pay more that 50% of those costs from that appropriation. Annually the board shall report to the department of administration all expenditures from the appropriation under s. 20.285 (1) (a) made for the purposes of this section.
- The board shall ensure that at least three of the professors awarded distinguished professorships under this section after August 9, 1989, are not employed by the board when they are awarded the professorships.
Institutions Which Have Budget Authority for This Appropriation:
Madison, Milwaukee, Eau Claire, Oshkosh, Parkside, Stevens Point, Whitewater, Systemwide
Allowable Major Classes of Expense/Revenue:
Salaries and fringe benefits.
Special Restrictions or Policies/Procedures:
- Position Control Policies
s. 16.50 (3) applies, see Appendix A.
- Budget Control/Transfers/Overdrafts
See FAP - Budget Transfers (F5) for these limitations.
- Activity Code Limitations
Use activity 4 only. See Activity Codes and Definitions for descriptions.
- Each institution which receives a Distinguished Professorship award is required to provide an amount of matching funds that is equal to the fund 119 award. The matching funds are accounted for in fund 182.
Year-End Instructions (lapse, carry forward, etc.):
Any unexpended or unencumbered current year budget dollars must be lapsed back to the state at the end of the fiscal year. There is no cash balance to carry forward. Refunds of prior year expenditures are deposited to appropriation 100 as receipts (9209).
Special Instructions on Salaries/Fringe Benefits:
Budget transfers off the salaries/fringe benefits line are not allowed at any time for this appropriation.