Title: Industrial and Economic Development Research
103/285 GPR Annual 20.285 (1) (as) N/A
The amounts in the schedule for grants for industrial and economic development research projects and outreach activities under s. 36.25 (25).
Section 36.25 (25) states:
- The board shall award industrial and economic grants to fund the industrial and economic development research projects and outreach activities
- In awarding grants under par. (a) the board shall: 1) Receive project proposals from state researchers 2) Provide a reviewed process for project proposals by appropriate professionally qualified reviewers and 3) Specify the duration of the project to be funded by the grant.
- Biennially by November 15, the board shall submit a report to the joint committee on finance specifying the projects funded under this subsection in the previous fiscal biennium, the duration of the funded projects and the relationship of funded projects to the state's economy.
Institutions Which Have Budget Authority for This Appropriation:
Madison, Extension and System Wide
Allowable Major Classes of Expense/Revenue:
Salaries, fringe benefits, supplies & expense and capital.
Special Restrictions or Policies/Procedures:
- Position Control Policies
s. 16.50 (3) applies, see Appendix A.
- Budget Control/Transfers/Overdrafts
See FAP - Budget Transfers (F5) for these limitations.
- Activity Code Limitations
Use activity 4 and 5 only. See Activity Codes and Definitions for descriptions.
Year-End Instructions (lapse, carry forward, etc.):
Any unexpended or unencumbered current year budget dollars must be lapsed back to the state at the end of the fiscal year. There is no cash balance to carry forward. The new year budget is increased by encumbrances carried forward to the new year; budgeted and accounted for in appropriation 118. Refunds of prior year expenditures are deposited into appropriation 100 as receipts (9209).
Special Instructions on Salaries/Fringe Benefits:
Budget transfers off the salaries/fringe benefits line are not allowed at any time for this appropriation.