Title: Educational Technology
103/285 GPR Annual 20.285 (1) (cm) N/A
The amounts in the schedule for educational technology projects under s. 36.25 (38). Section 36.25 (38) states that moneys appropriated under 20.285 (1) (cm) are to be used for the following purposes:
- The student information system.
- The development of system technology infrastructure.
- The development of curricula to train students enrolled in the schools of education in the use of educational technology in primary and secondary schools.
- To provide professional development in the use of educational technology for primary and secondary school teachers.
- To provide faculty with educational technology and to train faculty in its use.
- To pay the department of administration for telecommunications services provided under s. 16.973 (1).
Institutions Which Have Budget Authority for This Appropriation:
Allowable Major Classes of Expense/Revenue:
Salaries, fringe benefits, supplies & expense, capital and aids to individuals or organizations.
Special Restrictions or Policies/Procedures:
- Position Control Policies
s. 16.50 (3) applies, see Appendix A.
- Budget Control/Transfers/Overdrafts
See FAP - Budget Transfers (F5) for these limitations.
- Activity Code Limitations
Expenditures may be charged to all activity codes. See Activity Codes and Definitions for descriptions.
Year-End Instructions (lapse, carry forward, etc.):
Any unexpended or unencumbered current year budget dollars must be lapsed back to the state at the end of the fiscal year. There is no cash balance to carry forward. The new year budget is increased by encumbrances carried forward to the new year; budgeted and accounted for in appropriation 115. Refunds of prior year expenditures are deposited into appropriation 100 as receipts (9209).
Special Instructions on Salaries/Fringe Benefits:
Budget transfers off the salaries/fringe benefits line are not allowed at any time for this appropriation.