HazCom / GHS training
You have a requirement to train campus HazCom employees about recent changes in chemical hazard communication (GHS).
We have a narrated training package and other material which is designed to fulfill the requirement. Perfect!
Go to GHS training page.
The Training tab section of our website primarily addresses general EH&S training issues. For the most part, we cover training issues on a specific topic on the webpage for that topic under Environmental Affairs, Hazardous Materials, or Occupational Safety.
For a list of training organized by topic, please go to Further training links.
Like many campus programs and operations, staff and student training in the environmental health and safety arena is handled by the individual UW System campuses.
Training Requirements in OSHA Standards and Training Guidelines. U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Publication number OSHA 2254; 1998 (Revised)
Training material from university campuses
- Facilities management safety training — Extensive list of training material for common facilities management safety requirements.
- Training program information for facilities staff — UW-La Crosse utilizes an online training management system to host training material for facilities maintenance staff. This page links to a list of the courses and course descriptions for the training available for UW-La Crosse staff.
- Training program list for faculty and office staff — A list of the topics covered in training provided by the Environmental Health and Safety Office.
- EH&S Training Directory — Links for campus staff to access safety and health training in many different areas.
- Environmental Protection Training — Includes training for waste generators, transportation of hazardous materials, spill cleanup and SPCC.