- Contract services
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- Environmental liability insurance
- Environmental management regulations
- Environmental reporting deadlines
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure
- Surviving a RCRA Inspection
- System_EHS Listserv
- Underground storage tank operator training
- Waste Management
- Aerosol can management
- Acute Hazardous Waste
- Contract Services
- Hazardous waste manifest
- Medical waste management
- Small quantity generator requirements
- Universal waste management
- Used antifreeze
- Used oil management
- Very small quantity generator requirements
- Waste determination process
- Waste minimization
- Contact us
Underground storage tank operator training
The Federal Energy Policy Act of 2005 required states to develop training requirements for owners, operators and on-site employees of federally regulated underground storage tanks. Wisconsin requirements are in Wisconsin Administrative Code Chapter SPS 310. Class A, B & C Operators must be designated, trained and tested by January 1, 2012.
Here is a list of SPS 310 deadlines:
An overview and relevant links may be found here: http://commerce.wi.gov/ER/ER-BST-FedRegUST_OperatorTraining.html Approved trainer and testing information is near the bottom of the page.
The Department of Commerce Storage Tank Database is here: http://commerce.wi.gov/ER/ER-EN-tanks-info.html
The parent page with lots of links and other information can be found here: http://commerce.wi.gov/ER/ER-BST-HomePage.html
Questions about the training requirements may be directed to Department of Commerce's Mike Fehrenbach at: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 608.266.8076
General questions may best be directed to regional tank specialists. ER-BST-Fm-9687TankerMap.pdf is a map with their contact information.
This publication was prepared for environmental, health and safety staff at University of Wisconsin System campuses, to assist in finding resources and information for regulatory compliance. It is not intended to render legal advice.
(Read full legal disclaimer.)