Capital Planning & Budget
92-10 Oversight of Facilities Constructed for University Purposes
History: Res. 6304 adopted 12/11/92.
To insure that facilities constructed by the private sector with an expectation of university ownership do not create extraordinary liabilities for the UW System or the State, the following parameters reflect the consensus of the Board of Regents:
- The Board of Regents reaffirms the positions
stated in Resolution 5501:
- Such projects should not be initiated without an opportunity being provided for the regents to determine the appropriateness of the proposed funds and/or project(s) to System needs.
- The need for a project that also requires a GPR contribution, or a project that would otherwise utilize GPR as a prescribed funding source, should be evidenced by its inclusion in long-range campus plans that reflect overall needs.
- Consistent with s. 36.29(7), Wis. Stats., all construction on behalf of the university system shall be subject to prior approval of the Building Commission.
- Construction of such facilities shall not begin without an opportunity being afforded to the University System and the Department of Administration to review and comment on plans and specifications. Review shall take into consideration initial, ongoing and long-term costs.
- To assure that the facilities
according to the plans and specifications and that relevant
by System Administration
and/or the Department
during the review process are incorporated, the Department
shall be encouraged to provide supervision of construction
as allowed by
s. 16.85(12), Wis. Stats.