Board of Regents
Chapter 36 - Wisconsin Statutes
Chapter 36 sets forth the mission and purpose of the University of Wisconsin System. This statute also describes:
- the responsibilities and powers of the Board of Regents in governing the System,
- faculty and student roles in shared governance,
- faculty appointment and tenure rights,
- academic staff appointments, and
- other aspects involved in the administration of the University of Wisconsin System.
The Wisconsin Statutes are held and maintained within the Wisconsin Legislature website. The UW Office of General Counsel represents the Board of Regents and should be consulted regarding legal questions or concerns related to interpretation of Chapter 36.
- Chapter 36 - Wisconsin Statutes (offsite link)