Regent Policy Documents
SECTION VIII: ADVISORY COUNCILS
8-1 AUTHORIZATION TO ESTABLISH ADVISORY COUNCILS
(Formerly 72-16)Each chancellor of a degree-granting university and the colleges is authorized to establish an advisory council.
- The members of each such body shall be appointed by the chancellor and be advisory to the chancellor.
- The chancellor will select members using broadly based representation from the lay community.
- The size of each such body will be determined on each campus.
- Each such body shall meet at least two times each year, and regular meetings may be supplemented by additional meetings called by the chancellor as special circumstances may require.
- The members of such bodies will serve without compensation.
- The intent in the creation of such bodies is to provide an opportunity for lay citizens to serve Wisconsin higher education in a direct manner and to provide the chancellor of each campus with citizen advice on any issue that will affect the university community. Because each university serves the state as well as its region, membership on such bodies need not be limited to persons living in the immediate service area of the campus.
History: Res. 304 adopted 10/6/72.
The Regent Policy Documents were adopted and are maintained pursuant to the policy-making authority vested in the Board of Regents by Wis. Stats. § 36. The Regent Policy Documents manifest significant policies approved by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents. This document is a ready reference for those charged with carrying out these policies. Unless noted otherwise, associated documents and reports may be obtained from the Office of the Secretary of the Board of Regents, 1860 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, ph 608-262-2324. http://www.uwsa.edu/bor/policies/