Regent Policy Documents
SECTION IV: ACADEMIC POLICIES AND PROGRAMS
4-14 ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT 21
Recognizing that careful enrollment planning is essential to ensure that the University of Wisconsin System serves the changing needs of the state and fosters educational quality into the 21 st Century, the Board of Regents:
- Approves the University of Wisconsin System Enrollment Management-21 (EM-2l) Plan for 2001-07 (dated 6/8/00) and provides that individual institutional targets may be reviewed every two years for possible adjustments reflecting regional and statewide needs.
- Directs that budgetary amounts necessary to carry out the institutional EM-2l plans be included in the draft 2001-03 Budget Requests for consideration by the Board in August; and that the EM-2l targets established in the 6/8/00 document be reviewed at the completion of the 2001-03 state budget action and adjusted to reflect the biennial budget outcome, as necessary.
- Provides that, for traditional-aged undergraduates, the current Regent Policy Documents requiring Board approval for differential tuition will remain in effect. Authority to approve institutional requests to charge service-based tuition and fees for graduate and other adult programs is delegated to the System President to facilitate timely response to demand for these programs.
- Directs System Administration to facilitate achievement of the institutions' EM21 plans by reviewing current policies and procedures and removing operational constraints to creating new and innovative programming for non-traditional students.
- Urges each University of Wisconsin System Institution to develop campus revenue sharing policies that provide departments with incentives to create new programs and to use new methods of delivery to serve non-traditional students.
History: Res. 8146 adopted 6/8/00
The Regent Policy Documents were adopted and are maintained pursuant to the policy-making authority vested in the Board of Regents by Wis. Stats. § 36. The Regent Policy Documents manifest significant policies approved by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents. This document is a ready reference for those charged with carrying out these policies. Unless noted otherwise, associated documents and reports may be obtained from the Office of the Secretary of the Board of Regents, 1860 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, ph 608-262-2324. http://www.uwsa.edu/bor/policies/