Regent Policy Documents
SECTION 17: EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICIES: EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT
17-3 MULTICULTURAL PROGRAMS FOR MINORITY STUDENTS
- The Board of Regents reaffirms its support for the education of minority and disadvantaged students.
- The Board of Regents reaffirms its policy and implementation plans for minority and educationally disadvantaged students as passed during the June and July 1972 meetings of the Board.
- The Board of Regents reaffirms its opposition to violence of any nature taking place on any University of Wisconsin campus and its support for full enforcement of its rules and regulations with respect to any occurrence of violence or civil disobedience.
- The Board of Regents reaffirms its support of only integrated programs of any nature being allowed or supported on any University of Wisconsin System Campus.
- The Board of Regents reaffirms its support for only a multi-cultural approach by all University of Wisconsin System supportive programs for minority students, and the Board denies a segregated or separatist approach for any such program.
History: Res. 351 adopted 12/8/72.
The Regent Policy Documents were adopted and are maintained pursuant to the policy-making authority vested in the Board of Regents by Wis. Stats. § 36. The Regent Policy Documents manifest significant policies approved by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents. This document is a ready reference for those charged with carrying out these policies. Unless noted otherwise, associated documents and reports may be obtained from the Office of the Secretary of the Board of Regents, 1860 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, ph 608-262-2324. http://www.uwsa.edu/bor/policies/