Mission and Purpose
The mission of the Office of Internal Audit is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value to, protect, and strengthen the management of the University of Wisconsin System and its colleges, universities, and extension.
We provide a systematic and disciplined approach that strives to determine whether the University of Wisconsin System's risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and implemented by management, are adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Interaction between governance groups occurs as needed.
- Important financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Employees' actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected.
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the University of Wisconsin System's control processes.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the University of Wisconsin System are recognized and addressed appropriately.