Minutes from the Meeting of the UWSA Academic Staff Committee
Minutes from UWSA Academic Staff Committee Meeting -- May 9, 2007
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Members Present: Todd Bailey, Salvador Carranza, Jennifer Moore, Eileen Norby, Jan Sheppard, Donna Silver
Members Absent: Anne Bilder, Yufeng Duan, Lisa Kornetsky
Meeting convened: 1:05 p.m.
Agenda Discussion Items
1. Election of Officers
- Motion to elect Todd Bailey as Committee Chair. Jan moved. Donna seconded. Motion carried.
- Motion to elect Jennifer Moore as Committee Secretary. Donna moved. Jan seconded. Motion carried.
- Donna will continue to serve as Academic Staff Representative.
- Sal was elected to the ASPRO Board. (His first meeting will be in June.)
- Sal, as outgoing Chair, will send memo announcing new officers to President Kevin Reilly and Interim Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Rebecca Martin.
2. Review of Craven process and timeline recommendations
- Sal will write up the recommendations as discussed and send them to the Office of the President.
3. Other Business
- Todd will set up a meeting with Sal and Jennifer to discuss duties and procedures for officer positions.
- Todd will write a letter requesting that unused grant money be carried over to the next fiscal year. (Background: When a conference spans one fiscal year to the next, as occurred in a couple of grant proposals approved by the committee this year, the grant money needs to come out of the next fiscal year’s budget.)
- Committee will post meeting agendas to Academic Staff Committee website, http://www.uwsa.edu/acstaffcommittee/, and email academic staff the link.
4. Next Meeting
- Not yet set. Consider a proposal to set meeting dates for reviewing grant proposals at beginning of fiscal year using CorpTime.
5. Adjournment at 1:50 p.m.