Student Involvement in UW System
Wisconsin is one of a few states in the nation to provide students with a statutory role in university governance.
For reference, see Wisconsin Statutes, § 36.09(5), adopted in 1974, which addresses student responsibilities within the University of Wisconsin System. See also Regent Policy Document 30-3, which provides "Guidelines for Implementation of 36.09(5), Wis. Stats."
How to Get Involved at the System level
- UW System Administration
Standing Committees with Student Members:
- President’s Advisory Committee on Disability Issues (PACDI) 2 students
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Committee 2 students
- Transfer Coordination Group 2 students
- Wisconsin Higher Education Grant (WHEG) Committee 1 student
- Task Force on Academic and Career Advising 2 students
- Ad Hoc Committees (this varies by need)
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) 2 students