Academic and Student Affairs
Academic, Faculty and Global Programs
Stephen H. Kolison, Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Vice President
1612 Van Hise
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Responsible for ...
- Academic Program Planning, Policy, & Review
addressing all facets of academic programming including
oversight of the UW System program array and realignment.
- Applied Research Grant Program
supporting the advancement of research in the UW System and
facilitating technology transfer and economic development
throughout the state.
- International Education & Engagement
developing today's global citizens.
- PK-16 Partnerships & Initiatives
helping to ensure that PK-12 and higher education work together
to give students and their teachers the best education and preparation
- Professional & Instructional Development
advancing the practice of teaching and enhancing student learning
for all students.
- Women's Studies Consortium
ensuring the continued development of Women's Studies
throughout the UW System.
- Wisconsin Distinguished Professors Program
recognizing and supporting professorships in areas of vital or emerging
economic significance to the State of Wisconsin.
- Primary Liaison to Faculty & Academic Staff Representatives
as well as other state and educational agencies and institutions;
actively seeking input and encouraging collaboration.
- Emerging Opportunities & Challenges
related to academic planning, quality, and the competitiveness
of the UW System.
- Prior Learning Assessment